Monday, January 01, 2007

I'M DREAMING OF A WHITE CHRISTMAS....

And yes, I am STILL dreaming! Well technically it was a white Christmas, I mean there was snow and stuff but it was on the ground, not falling from the sky like in the songs.

Typically, it starts to snow when I am leaving a place. If you don't believe me, here's proof: The day I left Berlin, it started to snow and continued for the next 3 months. In Basel the day I left it started to snow. In Paris about a year ago, the day I left it started to snow......... Get the idea. So TODAY IN COURCHEVEL WHEN I LEFT IT STARTED SNOWING!

On the left is the view from the Chalet where Dazza is working in Courchevel on Christmas Day. And on the right is the view TODAY.

So now I am DESPERATE for snow (neige in French). In Paris in January there are on average only 4 snow days so surely sometime soon??? But no, on my return to the City of Light all I see is rain, rain, rain and rain. Pas neige.

Anyway I had a good time in Courchevel however I did get deathly ill between Christmas and New Year's although I managed to make a "miraculous recovery" according to Dazza in time to celebrate my Birthday (or NYE for the un-informed).

Here is Dazza and Tom, the guy Daz is living/working with. Although he is a Pom he is a really nice guy. Who is a really good mogul skier and drinks a lot of bier. Who bags Aussies out a lot. And who was devastated to find that yours truly is also a holder of a British Passport.... especially when I called him "brova" in my best Geezer accent (think Original Pirate Material and Mike Skinner).

And here is some random guy from NYE with Dazza and I who was dressed up as Papa Smurf.... cool outfit and all especially as it was about 1 degree and he spent a lot of time outside!

And here I am in the snow at Courchevel 1850 (which is the highest and most fancy of the Courchevel villages) hanging out with the elite of the snow world. Seriously some of the outfits on display in Courchevel have to be seen to be believed. I seriously have never seen so many fur coats and ski outfits with fur trimmings and boots with fur and hats with fur (you get the picture). I felt seriously underfurred there. Obviously the whole "say no to fur" campaign has been really effective in France! The prices on some of these clothes are amazing, here I was thinking I was rich cause I just got my first paycheck in Euros!

Anyway tomorrow I start working, shock horror!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home