Tuesday, December 12, 2006

BONJOUR PARIS!

Well we are finally here. We have been in Paris for 1 week now, and I am settling in ok. It's very strange to think that this is home now. The hardest thing is not knowing where anything is; finding tea towels, for example was a challenge. At home you know which shops stock what items, and where they are, but here its a guessing game. None of the department stores seem to stock much else besides clothes. And the little corner stores sell staples, fruit and veg and also alcohol.

So far, most people have been really friendly to us, so me thinks the whole French arrogance things is a furphy. Its pretty funny trying out my pathetic French on various people though, some of them look at me like I am speaking Japanese even when I am asking for the most basic things. Sadly for me there are no English channels on the TV so I am mindlessly watching French TV which I have to say does help to tune your ear in. I have discovered that from 10 - 11am Beverly Hills 90210 is on which is pretty funny in French. Brenda just doesn't sound bitchy enough and Dylan's (Luke Perry) voice isn't husky enough either.

Anyway I would be struggling to call our apartment an "apartment" its more like a hotel room I guess, with the smallest, tiniest kitchen you have ever seen. Its ok but my sink is blocked and its full of crap and I can't wash the dishes. Once again, I have no idea what the French version of Drain-O is so for now I will have to keep growing sludge in the sink and washing dishes in the bathroom.

Anyway it has taken until today to get the Internet sorted out so now I can post regular blogs.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home