Monday, December 04, 2006

LORD OF THE FLIES...
Well we went to Chinatown today... saw some really creepy stuff. Also the largest prawn crackers I have ever seen (about twice the size of your head). The worst was an entire pig's head skin complete with eye holes, ears and snout. This is probably the most disgusting thing I have ever seen that people are expected to eat. It reminded me of the pig's head in Lord of the Flies. Also they had dried squid about the size of your foot which apparently are delicious on the barbie.
Last night we went to the Bangkok Night Bazaar which had millions of food stalls at bargain prices (everything in Thailand is at bargain basement prices). They also get you a table and you order a 3 litre keg of beer (Singha and Tiger are the best - yes! I can drink the beer here its heaps nicer than in Australia, not as bitter. And wine is non existent or very expensive and also its too hot.) which you can dispense your own glasses. Then they also have a stage where various Thai acts come and sing. When we arrived they were breakdancing and then the rest of the night was really average (apparently most of it is average) Thai pop complete with back up dancers doing the most lame staged dancing you have ever seen.
Anyway I am glad to leave Thailand cause it is way to hot for me, however we have had a great time and I will be very sad to leave the delicious food. I think its the best I've had and also the cheapest by far. A typical Thai dish that would cost $15 -20 AUD costs the equivalent here of $2 - 3 AUD. Sawa di karp Thailand!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr Krystal said...

Hey Alli-mate!

Sounds like you had an ace holiday in Thailand, it is sooo great and sooo cheap. Paying for things in pounds (and euros) bites after the joy of baht. Hey, I'm going to be in Paris with my sister between the 13th and the 19th of January, so drop me a line when you're settled and sorted and we can make some plans to catch up for a few drinks!

Good luck for your first week at work and have fun falling in love with your new home town!

Cheers,
Krazee
-xx-

12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Alli and Dazza,

Great to hear about your Thailand adventure. The food sounds amazing (especially the prawn crackers!) and I agree Tiger beer is great! Have been thinking of you both and hope you have a safe trip to your new hometown, PARIS!!

Love Rach and George xo xo

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home