Thursday, December 21, 2006

THE AUSSIE INVASION HAS BEGUN!


Yes it has taken a mere 2 weeks before the first Aussie contingent has arrived on my doorstep. With at least 2 more lots (at least) arriving in the next month I will become Paris' Greatest Tour Guide before you know it. Family friends of ours, Anne and Ian Leversha (Anne was my mum's bridesmaid and vice versa) are in Paris for a few days from visiting their kids in England. They are particularly taken with the desserts here (as you can see by the first photo). I think today Anne consumed a crepe, a tart, a pain au chocolaut and sorbet, not to mention lunch and dinner!



We visited the Louvre yesterday, really it is a pretty cool place. Bumped into some Aussie chicks in the sculpture area who were copying the statue poses and taking photos. Before long, Anne was in on the act, striking a particularly thoughtful pose while replicating the "does my armpit smell?" sculpture that you can see in the photo. The other girls went on to accost some Chinese guy whom they then starting arranging in various statue poses which was extremely funny.

Anyway I have spent the rest of my week making new friends, I now also have a Iranian/French girlfriend, Zoia, who translates books into English from French. Also met this cool Aussie chick, Kelly, who by any standards has had a bizarre life (for starters she was an ironwoman from 16 - 20 years of age!). Anyway the three of us are getting along great, and we have already planned to meet up in early January when we all come back to Paris.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home