Tuesday, June 05, 2007

ATTENTION! ATTENTION!

One of the things amusing me greatly at the moment is the over-usage of the French word attention (said: attension). Basically it means watch out, or a warning, but often when Frenchies use it, it seems as though the small event they are referring to is a matter of life and death. For example, when I was buying dish washing liquid in the supermarket the other day, it started to leak without me noticing, but a helpful passer by shouted "attention, attention!" and pointed dramatically to the bottle. I thought that maybe it contained a tiny bomb that I had not detected, but no, it was just dribbling down the side.

So currently I am being a good Samaritan and taking taking great delight in warning people with "attention, attention" whenever I can... Try it... you will see its fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home