Thursday, May 10, 2007

ONE SUGAR AT A TIME

Today is a big day for me: I am cutting down the number of sugars I have (note to non-English speakers: it is have not take) in my coffee from 2 to 1. I decided this yesterday after reading the hit diet book Amy lent me "Why French Women Don't Get Fat" which really is a bore but has some yummy sounding recipes included in it.

But after realising I had at least 6 coffees yesterday (yes, ok I was tired) which meant 12 sugars just from coffee alone, I decided it was time for a change. Those of you who have known me for a long time will know that I used to have 4 (yes 4) sugars in Nescafe, but then I drastically cut this to two. While in Australia, I would still have 4 sugars in a cappuccino (I really hate that bitter coffee taste). But here in France, where pretty much everything tastes better, I have been managing to drink cafes (that's short blacks to you) all the time. For some reason they are not so strong and bitter compared to Aussie coffee. And they pack a much stronger punch than Nescafe.

So far today I have forced down 2 cafes with only 1 sugar each.... so I'm very impressed! Lets see if I can keep it up (using manageable steps according to my book). And all this leads to my next installment which will be dedicated to the fact that, really, French women aren't fat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home