Saturday, April 14, 2007

CONCERT REVIEW: ASIAN DUB FOUNDATION

On Thursday night Gernot, Guillaume and I went and saw the Asian Dub Foundation. We were there pretty much by accident as I decided on a whim that we should go and see them, not really knowing anything about them. They are a British band, but have been most popular in France (I didn't know this at the time) so the concert was sold out.

And I have to say - they were great. Their support was a French hip-hop band whom I thought were really cool. The crowd was super-hyped (in complete contrast to the boring crowd at Lily Allen). As soon as ADF came on stage and started up their cool mix of reggae, dub, drum and bass electronica and I don't know what else, the crowd went mental. And stayed that way through the entire set. It was the most impressive crowd performance I have seen for ages, cause it wasn't just those down at the front that were dancing - everyone was moving. I think I lost about 3 kilos in sweat (gross). This was the most relaxed and excited I have ever seen the French so far - so well done ADF!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home