Tuesday, March 27, 2007

ROUND 1: PARIS v. LONDON

Last weekend, Kelly and I 'did' The Dam. I had already done The Dam once before with my ultimate partner in crime, my brother Andy, but it had been a few years and I was ready for another shot. Besides, it was Kelly's (and also, weirdly, Andy's) birthday, which is why we were going. We were meeting there Kelly's best friend, Kat, and 2 of her friends, all Aussie chicks who live in London.

After about 1 hour, it became apparent who the Londoners were, and which of us were the vrai Parisians. The Londoners took about 3 hours (no kidding) to get ready to go out and brought with them about 4 weeks worth of clothes (that looked extremely bright and fresh, hip etc. when compared to our Parisian 'classic' staples).

The Parisians on the other hand, refused to go into bars which did not have empty seats (and yes, I know, when in Paris I always complain about the set-up of bars there - all seats, no mingling). The Londoners, however, wanted to hit the clubs and pretend that they had not even left the UK.

But the most tragic thing was when Kelly and I started speaking French (all complete rubbish of course) because we missed not understanding the language (ok, well Kelly understands most things, with me - its more words here and there) and the sound of French! When we jumped on the train home, it was filled with Frenchies, and we both sighed with relief and declared how glad we were that we lived in culturally rich Paris, rather then appearance-based, throwaway everything London. Imagine what the Londoners were thinking!
Paris 1: London 0

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i looooooovvvvveeee being sooooooo aussie:french rather than anglo:aussie! x

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home