Wednesday, March 14, 2007

FRENCH FIDELITY

Recently INSERM (a French research body) published a survey of 12,000 Frenchies investigating their sexual exploits. Participants ranged between 18 and 69 and were asked a series of questions. My personal favourite statistic was that only 3% of French women an 4% of French men were unfaithful to their partner of more than 1 year (co-habitating). 3 - 4%!!! You have got to be kidding me! In this, the country that invented mistresses and infidelity!

So today I took it upon myself to do my own survey of French vs. Internationals (mainly Germans) on
a) whether they thought the INSERM statistic was true
b) what % they thought was the real statistic (if it differed from the INSERM one).

Well, as I thought the results were not surprising from the foreigners. They all thought (sample size of 4 - good statistics I know) that the INSERM results was a pack of lies and that the average cheating % was approximate 20%.

In contrast, the Frenchies (sample size 2) thought that the INSERM result was totally correct and that French people in dedicated relationships don't sleep around. However, after a few beers, another opinion (sample size 2) revealed itself - basically agreeing with the foreigners.

I have to say I was very disappointed in these so-called "real" statistics, because when I arrived in France I thought that all French people slept around, any guy who was anyone had a mistress, and that seduction was the name of the game (even if you were married). But alas, according to the (totally honest - of course) Frenchies, they are a pack of faithful, relationship loving Frogs.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey biatch
looks like you are having some fun, and finally start to understand them frenchies...and they may understand your (yes Till is right) massive Aussie accent...have fun, cheers daddy maddy

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home