Tuesday, March 06, 2007

PARISIANS TAKE NOTE: LESSON 101 on HOW TO BEHAVE AT MUSIC CONCERTS

On Sunday night I took my Aussie chick crew (consisting of myself, Amy and Kelly) to see Lily Allen (go to http://www.myspace.com/lillyallen to check her out). This was my first Parisian concert so I was very excited to see how it would go, and more importantly, to see if the Parisians let their hair down (an unusual event in Paris).

We arrived to the horrible sounds of the support band Onili..... if you have never heard of them you are lucky. With an off-key female singer who looked like she practiced her moves in front of the mirror with a hairbrush, they were not a good start. After she started gyrating around the stage while doing air guitar, and rubbing herself up against her bass player, we decided that Lilly Allen must have chosen this band to make herself look good. We saw one french girl text her friend "le premier parti est tres mediocre" and I think that sums it up pretty nicely.

During the break I practiced my special skill (pushing to the front of packed crowds) so we could have a good view of the diminutive star. Lilly had a great band with 3 horns (who moved in time, so cute) a DJ, drummer and a couple of guitarists. She looked super cute, very bouncy (just like me Kelly said) and had a (surprisingly) great voice. And yes, she was wearing a dress with sneakers (we think).

With minimal banter (good) she belted out song after song, however I think she could have tried to hype the crowd up a little more. Yes, the Parisian crowd sucked. I was definitely the most hyper person there. Sadly the crowd responded best to a cover she did..... poor form.

So onto my lesson for today: When at music concerts MOVE. Shake your hips, shoulders, tap your feet, nod your head.... better still jump up and down, dance, scream and wave your hands..... but for gods sake.... YOU ARE NOT A STATUE!!!! Trust me, you will have much more fun. A bientot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home