Tuesday, February 06, 2007

BIENVENNUE A CHEZ MOI!

So finally I have left the hospital in the fifteenth and moved into my new apartment on the boarder of the 11th and 12th. Its at Metro Faidherbe Chaligny on the eastern Right Bank if you are trying to find it on a map. Guillaume is the best landlord in the world, he has gone out of his way to get everything set up really well for me. I only have to get a couple of bits and pieces and the place will be perfect. I am on the 3rd floor of a building which was built around 1640. So old! Its great.... and the quarter is really interesting and fun.

The fact that a french guy I met declared "the fifteenth is a cemetery" gives you some idea of how the arrondisment is perceived. It is very residential and doesn't have too much going on. The 11th and 12th however have Bastille, Republic (great areas to go out in) and a really cool feel about the place. There is also a food market about two minutes walk from my place.

So now I have a whole 32 square metres of Paris all to myself! Yes, measure it out and cry - its less than double the size of my old bedroom. Everything here is tiny. The best bit is that I have TWO ROOMS! This is a big deal in Paris. They don't talk about the number of bedrooms here, only the number of rooms (excluding the kitchen - if there is one, and the bathroom). Everywhere is so tiny, often the bathroom is outside the front door, and I went to one place where the shower was in the kitchen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home