Tuesday, April 10, 2007

SPRING IS SPRUNG


This weekend I did a number of really summer Parisian things because the weather was so perfect - 20 degrees, with clear blue skies. Spring is definitely sprung - all the trees are getting their leaves back, and everyone is going around in t-shirts. I went to the large park east of my house, Le Bois de Vincennes, and I had a picnic on the tip of Ile-de-la-Cite, the island on the Seine that Notre Damn is situated on. All these things really make me feel more like a local.

One of the coolest things I did was hang out on the Pont des Arts. This pedestrian bridge in summer is packed with Parisians eating, drinking, singing, playing music and chatting. My friend Daniel brought along his guitar and we hung out on the bridge for hours. The sun sets down the Seine and you have the most beautiful views along the river. When you are in Paris you tend to forget about the river, but it seems that as soon as the weather warms up, it becomes a focal point. I imagine that we will spend many nights in the next few months hanging out on the Pont des Arts....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home