Monday, May 07, 2007

FRANCE DECIDES

Well, as expected, last night at 8pm left wing Nicolas Sarkozy was announced the winner of France's Presidential election against Segolene Royal with 53% of the vote. I was at Gernot's house to celebrate the occasion..... but it was no celebration. The Frenchies there were devastated. Seriously. It was quite horrible really..... And I am still yet to meet a Frenchie who voted for Sarkozy, although there must be about 35 million of them somewhere...

And, as predicted, Paris did burn.... a little bit. Although according to international media, the whole city is in flames (see below picture). Its taken at Bastille which is a couple of blocks from my house.... although until I got an email from home I had no idea! Which just goes to show how the media can manipulate a situation.

So (for now) everything is ok, albeit the whole city is depressed (work was a nightmare today).... although it is tipped to get worse.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chef Penny said...

Hi. I was bored and saw your website. I know this is weird...but I'm also living in paris...well temporarily and am always looking to meet others who speak english. If you care to chat, check out my blog or email me at pennyshack@gmail.com. Hope all is well. Take care.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home