Tuesday, April 08, 2008

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS BAG? LESSONS I HAVE LEARNT

My bag never arrived when I landed in Paris from South Africa 1 month ago. Apparently I am to be compensated (how much I don't know) but let me tell you its very depressing, not to mention frustrating when you lose all your favourite clothes, make-up, shoes, jewellery and all those notes I dilligently took on the course. And its not fun feeling like a smelly ugly loser wearing all the clothes you hate (you left them home for a reason!).....

This weekend I am going to Barcelona for 3 days, and I am applying all I have learnt since my ordeal began.
1. Carry on only! This way you can't lose stuff.
If you have to check bags:
2. Take your ugly clothes, or at least take only a few nice things. You don't know anyone where you are going so don't worry about it.
3. Anything you really like, put it in you carry on bag.
4. Don't take anything just in case! You probably won't need it anyway.
5. Put things that belong together, together. Eg. phone and charger. Camera and charger, iPod and charger...... you get the idea. Then if something is lost you aren't stuck with half a product.
6. Make your bag REALLY colourful. This will help the losers at the airline locate your bag if its lost.
7. Don't take anything of emotional value.
8. Don't take sporting attire and goods. You are kidding yourself if you think you are going to do exercise while on holiday.
9. Its VERY unlikely that there will be a freak snowstorm in the middle of summer (for eg.). Pack accordingly.
10. RE: makeup - the natural look is in!


Happy packing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home