Sunday, April 06, 2008

MARATHON MAN

Today was the Paris marathon, one of the biggest in the world. It was a balmy 2 degrees for the runners (bloody freezing if you were a spectator).... We watched everyone run past (we were searching for Benoit from my lab with no success), but the most memorable entrant was the guy who completed the marathon on stilts!
It was pretty cool because it went straight past the front of my house. We got up early and braved the cold to see everyone, although the band playing across the street helped to warm the air. The fastest guys finished in 2:06 hours.... Benoit did it in 4 hours! I cannot imagine running for 4 hours........ guess that's why I don't do marathons. On the other side of the globe Joanie (one of my bridesmaids) did an 11km trail run (think running up a mountain side) and came 1st in her age group and 2nd overall! The weekend before that Dazza did a triathalon! Somehow I am becoming surrounded by athletes and I don't like it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This guy looks like me but without braces...just had them tightened today and they hurt.....

PS your Fiance is a loooser...i might go to the pool with him tommorow.....if he wears that gay hat again...i will kill him....

Sorry to hear you lost your bags..thats aweful...do you want me to send anything from Ozzie if soooo let me know...

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home