Sunday, November 18, 2007

I'M A RACING CAR DRIVER!

Today is the 5th consecutive day of public transport strikes in Paris.... and with another major strike planned for Tuesday, it looks unlikely that things will be back to normal before the end of the week (at the earliest). As I can't take the metro to work, I have to ride a bike. This is all very well, however, with the mercury peaking at a measly 3 degrees today, you can imagine it is not the most pleasant of transport methods at the moment. Until now, at least the weather has been fine, but the forecast for most of the week is rain....

Riding a bike at the moment is pretty scary.... it's like you are in a Nintendo car rally game, where you have to avoid all sorts of obstacles (other bikes, scooters, cars, people) and everyone is driving really erratically because they are pissed that it took them 2 hours to get home. The street out the front of my house is like a car-park, and everyone has stories of how long it took them to get somewhere.... best I've heard is 5 hours!

All I can say is that if it rains, there is no way I'm going out in that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home