Tuesday, November 13, 2007

10 THINGS I MISS ABOUT OZ.....

Next week will be 1 year since Daz and I left Australia, and knowing that I will be coming back for a visit in January has got me thinking about what I miss in Oz, and the things that will be high on my priority to-do list when I get back... here is a few things I miss (apart from the obligatory family/friends/doggie) in no particular order....

1. TripleJ radio - radio here is completely crap. And a bizzare mix of styles from golden oldies, to jzzz to pop in one set. And its in French!
2. Street presses (Beat etc.)... they don't really exist in a useable format here which makes finding gigs etc. really difficult
3. Indian food (you just can't get good Indian here)
4. Aussie wines - big, fat, heavy reds
5. Barbies - hanging out in people's backyards on a warm evening. Obviosuly this is not possible in Paris cause no one has backyards.... and its bloody freezing!
6. Gigs - the crowds are so much more into it in Oz (Parisians are generally like statues at concerts)
7. Sailing on Sydney harbour (maybe a space thing?)
8. Being able to read the paper and really understand it!
9. All the cool bars in Melbourne that manage to combine dancing with drinking with mingling without being a club (people always sit down in Parisian bars!)
10. Pizza - not the pizza hut variety, but the rocket, pine nut and fetta variety that you can get for $5 at Bimbo Deluxe on Brunswick St.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home